Quote of the Month

When love and skill work together, expect a miracle. John Ruskin




Sunday, January 2, 2011

Virtual Post-It Boards-Continued

Try http://corkboard.me/PvlJAwMgGp
If simple is the name of the game for you when it comes to sharing quick notes with students, staff, family or friends just give Corkboard Me a try.  It is free and when you go to the site each time you will be given a unique URL for that particular board that you have created.  There is no registration required.

This is a much easier way to collaborate with students in seeking comments, brainstorming, listing events for the day or week than Wallwisher.  Image links can be added to the notes but I have not had success with that yet. Notes can be sized and moved.  It does not have all the bells and whistles such as adding images, videos, music and pages that Wallwisher allows.  But when I was using Wallwisher earlier this fall I did find it to be slow when I had a class using the same wall at the same time.  I will be testing the ease of use of Corkboard Me with a class this week.

Thanks to Larry Ferlazzo and Kelly Tenkely for keeping the technology world (and me) up to date.

1 comment:

  1. How did Corkboard Me work with a class? Last year I did an end of the year project with Wallwisher, but now it does not seem to be working well. The biggest difference I can see is that I was able to approve messages before they appear. Are there any other sites out there you can think of?

    ReplyDelete