Quote of the Month

When love and skill work together, expect a miracle. John Ruskin




Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Caldecott Challenge 2012 #3

I am still plugging away reading as many titles as are available in our library media center for this Caldecott Challenge.  Reading has been going in spurts.  I have now made it up through 1946.  There are many variations on presenting the Mother Goose rhymes.

These titles are a reflection of the world in which they were written, a mirror of thoughts and beliefs.  As I was researching the illustrators for this grouping (1943-1946) I was amazed at the variety of activities they pursued prior to settling on a career in children's illustration.  I could not help but feel tonight that I was surrounded by greatness. 

My comments are displayed in a capzle found here:
http://www.capzles.com/a03a3818-1372-43b6-8b16-ed2fe482908d

Here it is embedded in this blog post.






No comments:

Post a Comment