Quote of the Month

When love and skill work together, expect a miracle. John Ruskin




Thursday, June 2, 2022

Grateful . . .

 To all the readers of my blog, this is probably one of the shortest posts I will ever write.  First, I want each of you to know how grateful I am for your support throughout the years I have been writing about libraries, websites with educational value, and book recommendations. (I cannot believe I wrote 329 posts in 2012.)   I have not abandoned this blog, as my absence of any posts since Monday, May 23, 2022 indicates. 

A week of blog posts was planned but the event of Tuesday, May 24, 2022 in Uvalde, Texas hit me deeply.  The more information that was provided, the more I found myself weeping in front of my laptop.  The next day when my dog and I walked past our local elementary school, I burst into tears.

 All the mass shootings, but especially the school shootings are horrific.  As an educator who began her career in 1973, I have seen more challenges and changes than I ever expected.  There has been progress in some areas, but profound heartbreak in others.

I am currently working on a multi-book post addressing titles I believe can help us lift others up.  John Schu's chapter on Story as Healer from his book, The Gift of Story, has been a source of inspiration.  These books I selected highlight how we are better together.  They show children how much they are loved.  They demonstrate how much they are valued in all things.

Thank you again, dear readers, in advance for your patience.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear Margie, you have such a big heart. It's impossible to imagine, let alone accept, the horrors that happened at Robb Elementary. Looking forward to your post that will help us all find healing through story. Thank you for being you.

    ReplyDelete