Quote of the Month

When love and skill work together, expect a miracle. John Ruskin




Thursday, May 27, 2021

Summer 2021 Blog Break

I am moving in fifteen days, if all goes well.  It is the fifth move in six years.  You would think by now, I would be a professional packer and unpacker, but this move is different.  In my new home, I am losing about 330 square feet and a basement.  Like this house on a hill, I will no longer have fields and woods on two sides.  My new home is in an older, established neighborhood.  Lake Michigan, Round Lake, Lake Charlevoix, and downtown Charlevoix are within walking distance. 

With this smaller home, there have been some tough decisions in the past few weeks.  Many family slides (1,500) and photographs were sorted.  The slide projector and all the carousels were donated.  All my teaching materials from thirty-four years of being a teacher librarian (7 boxes) were shipped to another teacher librarian.  There have been multiple trips to places accepting donations.  Furniture is being given to friends and neighbors.  Boxes and boxes of books are off to new homes.  There will still be about seventy-five boxes of books staying with me.  My new dining room will be a library with a dining room table in it.

With all the previous moves, there were gaps in my blog posts, a sort of hit-or-miss.  This time I have decided to take an official break in fairness to my readers and those authors and illustrators whose work I highlight.  Writing about books on this blog is a way for me to keep myself immersed in the wonderful, imaginative and informative world of children's literature.  It is a way to honor all the hard work of authors and illustrators who have given me riches beyond measure.

I had hoped to finish out this week with blog posts, but I am woefully behind in my packing.  Daily decisions are taking more time than I imagined.  I already have many books to talk about, but they will have to wait.  That is the beauty of books, the stories are always there ready to be shared.  

My posts will resume on July 6, 2021.  June is already promising to have some amazing book releases.  I hope you, my faithful readers, will return to read about these new treasures.  

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best for this move. I hope it is a just right move for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels to you and Mulan, dear Margie.

    ReplyDelete