Quote of the Month

When love and skill work together, expect a miracle. John Ruskin




Sunday, October 21, 2012

Porcine Ponderings

I'm sure I've mentioned more than once, over the course of my career I have enjoyed exploring the variations on folktales whether cultural or fractured.  After my review earlier this week of The Three Ninja Pigs (G. P Putnam's Sons) by Corey Rosen Schwartz with illustrations by Dan Santat, I started jotting down all the titles I could remember. Before I knew it, I was back at one of my favorite web 2.0 applications, Popplet, one of AASL's (American Association of School Librarians) Best Websites for Teaching and Learning 2012.

Here is the newest Popplet, Little Pig Variants.  It's a work in progress.  I've tried to include links to lesson plans, reader's theaters and videos whenever possible. On the plus side I learned a couple of new things about the application today.  For example if you want to add links to your text, you need a new popple for each link.  I also experimented with adding a map via Google.

If the embedded version below does not work, here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment